Memory Card Recovery

Started May 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ofquiet
New MemberPosts: 5Gear list
Like?
Re: Memory Card Recovery
In reply to Jansoh, May 23, 2013

Hi, I had to chime in with my recent memory card disaster and recovery story. I shot a wedding, filled up a handful of cards and when I was copying them over later that night had one card that wouldn't read. It just kept asking me if I wanted to format it. I tried recovery software, but since the card couldn't be read by either the computer or the camera there wasn't anything it could do. I did research and eventually contacted the manufacturer Delkin about the problem. They had me send in the card so they could recover the images, but weren't able to do it. I called a place that was highly recommended in NYC and they wanted to charge me over $900 and would have it done in "a couple weeks." I kept searching online and finally found recoverfab.com. The issue with the card is that the connectors have been physically damaged, preventing them from accessing the chip. Recoverfab is able to bypass the connectors and access the chip directly. They had it done promptly after receiving my card and sent a preview of the recovered images prior to payment. A great service, and I'm glad to know it's there when necessary!

ofquiet's gear list:ofquiet's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha NEX-6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow