Started May 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
flektogon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,197
Like?
Re: I Will Not Shot in RAW
In reply to brianj, May 22, 2013

brianj wrote:

flektogon wrote:

In my opinion all the modern digital cameras have pretty good JPEG engines and they generally do not have problems with the WB, exposure control and so on, so shooting the RAW won’t increase the IQ of your pictures. However, under the harsh light conditions, when the straight tone curve will not suffice (and the JPEG engine use them straight), then the shooting the RAW makes sense. You can see what a difference it makes at the latest DP review of the Olympus e-pm2:

You don't need to use the jpg straight tone curve anymore, I agree that it is really pathetic, that is why I turn on canon's Icontrast and get the enhanced DR and AUTO control of contrast based on the scene being taken.  Many companies have tried to provide extended DR but mostly it has problems in one situation or another, but the Icontrast is amazing, it alone would make me buy another canon camera with this feature.

My jpg album: http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/5128303546/albums/sx260hs

Brian

Hi Brian,

Your pictures are simply amazing. And your camera even doesn't have the RAW shooting option. So, any camera in good hands can deliver fantastic results.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
:)New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow