ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
minoltak
Junior MemberPosts: 47Gear list
Like?
Where did you go Minoltians
May 22, 2013

Hello all former and current Minoltians,

It’s been more than 7 years when Konica Minolta left the camera business. I am just curious where did you all former Minoltians go or did you stay? How many of you still use Konica Minolta DSLR’s how many of you stayed with Minolta lenses and A-mount of Sony and how many of you moved to Canon, Nikon, Pentax or any other brand. How happy are you with your decision and do you often stop by here at Konica Minolta forum?

I stayed with my KM5D quite long time and moved to Sony last year when bought A77. I thought I would still use my KM lenses but I was not happy with results I got from my A77 with my KM lenses. I thought the camera was wrong in the first moment. Then I tried the kit lens DT 18-55 SAM which I thought was just low quality and bought a Sony DT 50/1,8 SAM lens. And the results with both Sony lenses were much better. Later I even bought the Sony DT 16-50 SSM which I am very happy with and I am planning to replace my KM 75-300 with the Sony DT 55-300 SAM. From the first idea of buying the camera body only I have two new Sony lenses now and plan to buy and third Sony lens. From my old KM equipment I use the KM 75-300, 5600HS-D flash and remote cord shutter.

You might thing I am more pro Sony now than I used to be pro Minolta in the past but it is not so. If Sony will go in a different direction (like too much focus on video rather than photography) than I am ready to move to a more photography oriented brand. Something I would never say in the past.

Jan

minoltak's gear list:minoltak's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 55-300mm F4.5-5.6 SAM Sony DT 50mm F1.8 SAM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +3 more
Pentax K-m (K2000) Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow