You didn't think internationally

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Drogba88
Forum MemberPosts: 56Gear list
Like?
Re: Open it up to Canadians!
In reply to Framer, 11 months ago

Hi Kramer!  Just back from a trip and I read your reply to mine.    I understand your point, which is well taken.   But at my age (87), I guess I don't look around too much any more, and having built up a good customer/retailer relationship over the past years, I feel "kind of mean" if I go somewhere else to save a few dollars.   You have obviously spent a lot of dough on camera gear and I don't blame you for looking for the best price, and let's face it, the US has economy of scale.    But usually I only buy offshore if what I want is not readily available in Canada.   For example, I've bought a few things from China and Hong Kong that simply were not to find in Vancouver.    And of course they were bargain priced.   (FYI I have just bought a videorecorder from Texas which was listed on eBay.ca.   It was used and I got stung for some duty, plus I paid over $60 shipping, but it was not available on any Canadian outlet that I could find as it had long been discontinued, so it was worth it.)   Good luck with future purchases.

-- hide signature --

Giraffe

Drogba88's gear list:Drogba88's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX160 IS Canon EOS 600D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow