How higher ISO 30D and 7D compare

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Alastair Norcross
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,749Gear list
Like?
Re: buy the 50D
In reply to Searching, 11 months ago

Searching wrote:

I have it and the 7D.  I find the 50D a bit better for noise than the 7D.  Others will disagree.  There is very little difference in operational and image quality without pixel peeping to death.  If you can get the 50D at a good price (and that looks like a good price) then get it and keep it as a backup until the 7D MK2 comes out, you'll be quite happy with it.

I'm one who disagrees. I had the 50D before the 7D. I liked my 50D a lot, but I love my 7D. The 50D was certainly better at high ISO than my 20D, which has the same sensor as the 30D, but the 7D is definitely better again than the 50D. In fact, until this post, I hadn't seen a single claim that the 50D is better for noise than the 7D. As to the operational quality, the 7D is simply miles ahead of the 50D. The speed, accuracy, and flexibility of its AF system is, again, miles ahead of the 50D.

-- hide signature --

Alastair
http://anorcross.smugmug.com
Equipment in profile

Alastair Norcross's gear list:Alastair Norcross's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon PowerShot SD450 Canon PowerShot SD870 IS Canon PowerShot S45 Pentax Optio W60 +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow