Advice needed. Photography student 'upgrading' to Canon from Sony.

Started May 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jackdwilliams
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Advice needed. Photography student 'upgrading' to Canon from Sony.
May 22, 2013

Hi all,

This is my first post on the forum and I currently own a Sony a65. However, I'm starting a digital photography degree in September for full honours, this means using the University's lighting and studio set up which poses a problem as I'm sure you all know, Sony systems use the Minolta hot shoe. As well as this, they have a stock of L lenses for us to use and I'd like to take advantage of such a quality lens.

I hope to sell all of my Sony gear for around £600 so my budget is around £1000. I've been recommended to buy a full-frame DSLR if possible, with my course leader citing the 5d Mk2 as a good camera. I've since resorted to looking at older, second hand models like the 1d Mk3 due to its fast frame rate (I want to go into sports photography) - is this a good option? Or do you recommend going for a non-full frame model that is more up to date? Or saving up!

I look forward to joining the world of Canon DSLRs and posting on here more often!

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS-1D Mark III Sony SLT-A65
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow