Started May 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JamesD2
Senior MemberPosts: 2,072Gear list
Like?
LX7 Over LF1
May 22, 2013

Generally I'd say to go with the latest but in this case I'm unconvinced. Here are my issues with the LF1. I don't like the placement of the VF. I'm left eye dominant which means my face would be pushed up against the LCD screen. With the external VF for the LX7 this would not be a problem. Furthermore, it appears the actual opening for the external VF is larger than what is built in to the LF1 and I'm wondering if it is rubberized as well. Secondly, the placement of the built in flash is much closer to the lens than the pop -up flash in the LX7. While it has an extended zoom, the LF1 has a slightly slower lens. I'd trade off the loss of two megapixels and some zoom for the f 1.4 lens on the LX7. Yes it's smaller but it has no grip and I've already experienced with my RX100 the frustrations of  such a small, thin, grip-less body. I believe the LX7 with the LVF2 finder is the better setup for me. Oh... and the LF1 has hotshoe.

-- hide signature --

JamesD
Happy Snappin'

JamesD2's gear list:JamesD2's gear list
Kodak EasyShare C663 Kodak DX7590 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Nikon D90 +3 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow