ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mrs1986
New MemberPosts: 19
Like?
Hi all new member here!!
May 22, 2013

Hi every one!

I'm new to the forum, i have been reading it for some time now and i wanted to join and introduce myself...

First of all, my name is Mauricio and I'm from Uruguay in South America, next to Argentina and Brazil lol...

Well, i'm really new to the photography, I'm really bad and have a LOT to learn, however, i only use my new used camera in Manual mode so I'm trying to learn...

My camera is Nikon D3100, i know... its not a good camera but will do the job for some time as i dont want or intend to work of this... I only have the kit lens, the 18-55.. I think is an OK lens for my uses... I can't and wont be spending thousands of dolars in great lenses because they will be like a waste of equipment...

Anyway, i still fell limited but the poor aperture on the kit lens, the images are good enough for me but to shoot inside my house i have to set something like 1/10~1/8 ISO 400 f5.6, and that leave me with a so so image...

I was looking for a prime lens, as my first not kit lens, but then i read somewhere that maybe a flash could help me a little bit better to get nice images in more situations than a prime lens would (talking of a 50mm 1.8 or 35mm 1.8 NO 1.4 and those extreme apertures...)....

Other thing that im shure i need is a tripod, so i can make some nice long exposures that are TOO hard to make hand held lol...

Anyway, i hope to be here for a very long time and keep learning of all of you...

Thanks!! And sorry for my english!!!

Mauricio.

Nikon D3100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-F5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow