Started May 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
smallLebowski
Contributing MemberPosts: 556
Like?
Sony please give us a compact zooms...
May 22, 2013

I like my NEX 5R. It's good. It's even better with good lenses. Unfortunately my style of shooting requires zooms. I know that's not an issue with many of us, but it is for me. I like to shoot my family/friends and then do a close up on their head or take pics of my plate at diner and next moment I can capture a funny interaction between a waitress and customers at the other end of diner. I like to shot a flowers under the tree and then capture the bird on the top branches of it. Zooms are very handy. I don't ask for reach of 300mm or 400mm. For most situations 7-8x zoom is enough. Alpha has something like DT 18-135mm - that would be perfect for NEX. Just make it a little smaller for NEX. Make it retractable. I would even use a lens without AF in manual focus, but make it smaller please. Huge lenses are ruining biggest NEX advantage - compactness.

I decided for myself to wait for new 55-210mm - hopefully they will make it smaller. I am also waiting for G zoom 16-80? If both of these lenses will come out bulky (like current 55-210 and 18-200) - I will abandon NEX for something like 20Mp DSC-HX50V - it's compact and has 30x zoom. The only down side is small sensor 1/2.3 but I guess I'll have to suck it up and live with it.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow