LX7 external EVF

Started May 18, 2013 | Questions thread
Greynerd
Senior MemberPosts: 3,400Gear list
Like?
Re: LX7 external EVF
In reply to NIK11, May 21, 2013

Wrong way round. Us short-sighted (myopic) people can see things extremely close to us but not anything at a distance. Long-sightedness is the inability to close focus. I am short sighted and can see a close up LCD easily even though over 60. (Not if the sun is shining though like everyone else). I wear varifocals normally as if sight is corrected for infinity then I would need arms length but that is due to poor accommodation. Normal sighted people usually become long-sighted as they age due to this restricted focusing range and can always get half moon glasses to correct the problem.

The arms length nonsense gets trundled out in every viewfinder vs LCD battle. I suspect many people do not really know what it means. I doubt if the camera manufacturers are really going to base camera design around people who cannot focus closer than 24" who will have problems in every area without help.

NIK11 wrote:

I suspect you may not realise that folk sometimes hold a camera at arms length because they are short sighted and maybe don't have their glasses with them.

Greynerd's gear list:Greynerd's gear list
Olympus TG-310 Samsung EX2F Pentax X-5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS30 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
carizi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow