Started May 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GaryR60
Contributing MemberPosts: 655
Like?
NEX-6 or NEX-7?
May 21, 2013

I've been considering upgrading from my NEX-5N to and NEX-7, but I have some concerns about the layout of the new controls, as all reviews I've seen say they're a pain in the butt to use. But, I like going from a 16MP sensor to a 24MP sensor.

Meanwhile, while I like the NEX-6's improvements over the 5N and the additional control dial seems like it would be easier to deal with than the NEX-7's dual knobs and the price is certainly attractive, there is the drawback of getting yet another 16MP sensor, which doesn't seem like much of an upgrade.

Hmmm....decisions, decisions. Relative ease of use vs. greater resolution and image quality. Have those of you who upgraded from a 5N to the NEX-6 regretted not getting an NEX-7, instead? Did you choose the NEX-6 because it was cheaper than an NEX-7? I'm just wondering what would compell me to get the NEX-6 instead of the NEX-7. Thoughts?

Gary

Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow