going FF, waiting for delivery ,how do you guys cope???

Started May 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
M35G35
Regular MemberPosts: 173Gear list
Like?
Re: going FF, waiting for delivery ,how do you guys cope???
In reply to TITCHY, May 21, 2013

TITCHY wrote:

In the absence of a successor ,and the realization that Nikon appear to be pushing all of us who want Pro standard DSLRs towards FF, I have Decided to go for a D800.

Basically what I did. Went from the D200 to the D800E.

I am far from being a Pro ,but just love the controls and ergonomics i get from the Pro range .

Same here. That is why I was waiting for the D400 to replace my D200. Opted out for the D800E because it was nearly 6 since I purchase the D200. Time is moving by so fast!

Ordered it yesterday, and its scheduled for delivery tommorow, and to be honest I am excited and apprehensive at the same time . like an expectant father I find myself cradling a glass of "Abunadh" and staring at sexy pictures of D800's in various poses . by tommorow I will be a wreck.

Had the same feelings. After a few hours with it, all was fine, except the piggy bank.!

I have ordered a couple of 32gb lexar(1000x Pro and 600xSDHC) cards , and have downloaded and read the manual (twice) before committing myself

Ordered the same cards. Really makes a difference. Recommend the book from Thom Hogan.

Nikon will almost certainly bring out a D400 now ,within a month or two , but I am not that bothered ,after seeing what can be done with the D800 , i have decided its the one for me , granted i will miss the reach ,and i will probably have a rough time initially adjusting to a new technique ,but thats part of the fun .

Naturally, but guess what you now have a FF which is better. Plus, you have the D300 as a backup.

so you guys are going to have to put up with another stray from the DX gang for a while ,I will be looking for guidance no doubt, be gentle with me wont you .

Enjoy!

Graham

M35G35's gear list:M35G35's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow