Waterproof Backpack For DSLR Camera (Canon T4i)

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Combat By Design
New MemberPosts: 20Gear list
Like?
Re: The OP's pack selection is NOT waterproof, only water resistant
In reply to NancyP, 11 months ago

NancyP wrote:

Waterproof = accidental submersion will not wreck equipment

Water resistant = will shed rain efficiently, but will take on water if submerged

If you are boating, or hiking across deeper streams where there is some chance of falling in, you need waterproof. If you are just doing short hikes and are concerned about light rain, water resistant is fine.

-- hide signature --

NancyP

The OP?
And those Sea To Summit bags are cool, but would eliminate my reason for looking for a new backpack, as my Dakine pack is water resistant, and has plenty of space for my camera and other things such as a towel or change of clothing.
I had my camera stuff sealed in plastic bags, which was working... But a pain to get out when I found a cool spot to take a photo...and if I were to come across an animal... forget about it...
I suppose I could just purchase some of those waterproof pouches and keep doing what I'm doing...
A pipe dream from the start I guess.
Thanks a ton for your help.

Combat By Design's gear list:Combat By Design's gear list
Canon EOS 650D Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon Pixma Pro-100 Adobe Photoshop CS6 extended +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow