Started May 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Everyone shoots raw!
In reply to Barry Pearson, May 21, 2013

Barry Pearson wrote:

Hossam Saad ElDin Abd Alhalim Farg wrote:

I'm decided to not shot in RAW any more with my Camera SX50, I didn't found any Difference between JPG and RAW and you can see it by your self and tell me what is Difference if there any:

To be a bit pedantic, everyone shoots raw. You do.

This discussion is about whether the raw to JPEG processing is done in-camera or later. Done according to someone else's parameters or to your parameters. Frozen at the time of capture or able to be re-done later, perhaps with better or later software.

(I'll ignore the fact that many of my photos are destined for printing, not as a JPEGs).

And isn't it ironic that your statement is the simple truth of the matter.  Proven by the specifications for the different formats, but self-evident becasue of what is done before each is stored on the flash memory.

Argue any other point, but that is the essence of the discussion.  Which is more important?

The more I've edited RAW files the more I realize how dissatisfied I would have been with not having the ability to make changes in post.  There are plenty of occasions where the original JPEG is just fine for emailing, but when I'm putting together a portfolio of product images for someone I know they'll see the difference whether they can explain their gut response or not.

howardroark's gear list:howardroark's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
:)New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow