Started May 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Franklin J Ellias
Regular MemberPosts: 196Gear list
Like?
I sold my Canon...
May 21, 2013

I sold all of my Canon equipment body, lenses & flash. I am now starting over and upgrading from entry level. I was hoping that Canon would upgrade the 60d. I just don't see an advantage, to me, to FF and I really don't want to spend the extra money on the body. I would rather invest in "glass". I am looking at the D7100 however, I am reading so many negative comments on this forum about the 7100 and Nikon I am concerned that I will be making a mistake.

I am a non-pro, advanced amateur, that has enjoyed photography and won awards for photographs since 1974. I take pictures at parties, on vacations, scenery, wildlife and portraits. I have never printed a picture over 13X19; nor do I see a need to. The 7100 caught my attention because it seemed to incorporate all of the features that I was looking for.

I would really appreciate input from those of you that have extensive experience with Nikon cameras and especially the D7100.

Thank you, Frank

Franklin J Ellias's gear list:Franklin J Ellias's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Apple Aperture Pixelmator Chameleon +1 more
Canon EOS 60D Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow