RX100 concerns...

Started May 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
elliottnewcomb
Senior MemberPosts: 5,610Gear list
Like?
Re: RX100 concerns...
In reply to dood77, May 21, 2013

you said

All I ever wanted was something that made great pictures in low light.  I really want it simple, and don't need anything else.  All of my searching has led me to the RX100, although it is probably actually waaay more camera than I need.  But it seems to have better low light ability then say Canon s100/s110, fuji xf1/x20, etc., etc.  I suppose I might ever actually convert a RAW file to a real picture on my computer but would probably use almost exclusively the jpegs made by the camera, and maybe I'd print a picture out now and then, but I really am just looking for something that makes great photos to put on web, send to friends/family, screensaver etc.

If money is not an issue, with no hesitation, I say get the RX100. It is the best pants pocketable compact in existence  which means: you will have it with you when opportunities occur. You will get excellent low light results.

If not making large prints, it will give you excellent images at 10mp, or even 5mp.

Disappointingly, it has no wireless, so, to send a picture, my solution is:

use a micro sd card in an sd adapter in the camera.

move the pic from camera to your phone that uses micro sd card: (take card out of adapter, put into phone slot, copy pic to gallery, send in email).

If that sounds like a frequent pain, then you should look for a camera that has wifi.

The forum will help you as you move up in capability with any Sony you buy, and the other brand forums will help you as well..

-- hide signature --

Elliott

elliottnewcomb's gear list:elliottnewcomb's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S85 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony RX100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow