Started May 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
NomadMark
Regular MemberPosts: 448Gear list
Like?
RX1; the perfect point and shoot!
May 21, 2013

I've had mine for almost a month now. And, I am in love.

I am a Canon shooter primairly, and do have to say the RX1 is not a substitute for a full gaffle of lenses and fast DSLR. I enjoy using more than just 35mm, and I don't like being limited.

That said, I felt the need for a smaller camera, so as to ALWAYS have one on me. So, I bought a NEX 7, and started trying lenses. After buying a Zeiss 50mm Planar f2 and realizing the NEX 7 could outresolve my 5Dmk 2 with almost any of my L lenses, I was hooked no the idea of Sony+Zeiss.

I snickered at the idea of a 3000 single focal length, non-interchangible lens camera at first. But after using the NEX for so long...the RX1 began to be a curiousity for me. And after seeing image samples...I had to try it.

Fast forward. Again, I won't bench my 5D for it in most cases for creative landscape work, where I'm tripod mounted and so on. Or my 7D + 70-200mm for sports and action. But for every day life, especially in low light where high ISO is called upon, the RX1 can not be beat. Small enough to always have, and the file quality is just STELLAR. Shooting at ISO 3200-6400, the files still look great and are printable without a doube, even with puched in PP a stop or two. Again, I've been loving it.

Generally using in A or M, and for the first time ever, I'm using auto ISO. It's just so simple, and no worry about cruddy noise performance...you can truely just "point and shoot"!

Sample picture below, was edited and grain was added in Nik Silver Efex, just so you know!

NomadMark's gear list:NomadMark's gear list
Sony RX1R Sony Alpha 7R Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +7 more
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 7D Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow