Started May 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Uncompromising Life
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Best RTW and Adventure Camera?
May 21, 2013

I am on the market for a new compact digital camera. My price range is $200-300. My previous camera was a Sony CyberShot DSC-HX5V and it served me very well. That model is out-dated by a couple years now, so I'd like to upgrade the specs if possible. I am torn between end photo quality and durability. I do minor editing on almost all pics I keep and occasionally more extensive editing on the special few; however, I'm on the go a lot (the Sony was ruined in a canoeing accident, my fault), and the camera comes with me. I do everything from hiking to mountain biking to casual walks to family photos to landscape, plus all the odd shots that seem to occasionally catch the eye. My immediate need is a five week RTW trip coming up in a month.

I was going back and forth between the Canon PowerShot SX280 HS and the Panasonic Lumix TS4. The Canon for the excellent feature set (pretty close to ideal for me), and the Panasonic for the tough durability. I'm open to input on either model, recommendations for similar cameras, and any advice on the picking-and-choosing process.

(First post to dPreview!)

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow