Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Birddogman
Contributing MemberPosts: 958Gear list
Like?
Windows 7 or Windows 8 on a new laptop?
11 months ago

I need to buy a new laptop and have posted some questions related to that in another thread.  I note that the laptops I am considering offer a choice between Windows 7 and 8.  As noted in the other thread, I use my laptop for business (documents, emails, use as a virtual office by connecting from remote locations to my office system); for some gaming; for streaming Netflix and the like; and, of course, for photo editing with CS5.

I am NO computer guru, but I've been reading about 8 being so buggy as to be unusable.  Is that true?

I don't like the idea of buying new equipment and installing an old operating system.  Does it make sense to stay with Windows 7, even if 8 is buggy?

It looks like Windows 8's primary feature is touch screen.  I don't think that would have much benefit to me - what are your thoughts?

Thanks for taking your time to offer me adivce!

Birddogman's gear list:Birddogman's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow