Started May 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
SpeedyGonzalys
Regular MemberPosts: 399Gear list
Like?
Re: Delicious JPEGS Vs unthawed RAW
In reply to Marco Nero, May 21, 2013

Marco Nero wrote:

SpeedyGonzalys wrote:

Personaly??  i shoot "challenging" situations RAW plus JPG, i like to eat my hamburger NOT the way the fastfood kitchen made it how THEY would like it...  i want it MY taste

There's still room to edit a JPEG image further, to enhance the colors, to sharpen the image further and to lighten hidden details concealed in the shadows... or to lower the highlights to reveal hidden details.

IF...   you like to do the above work.... ( and i agree here on all your points like calibration etc etc..) than why start with a already well-done overcooked prime beef??  and work your way down, instead of a RAW prime beef?

Sure i understand, if you hate that "work"  you can trust JPG nowadays much better than before, but a under exposed Spitfire will be treated the same "way" as a overexposed Spitfire in the fabrics JPG setting, and that is WRONG, but its NOT there "mistake" its just how it is... average settings for Beef, minceadmeat, chicken wings IF.. you have to work on a not perfect exposed picture, your better off with the RAW,  if its a perfect exposed picture,  DONT FIX IT, IF IT AINT BROKEN 

How is it that people think they can take great pictures without accurate exposures and reasonable subject framing?

totaly agree, you can only do some damage-control afterwards

Get it right in-camera rather than try to "fix" your pictures later in editing programs and you might be happier with the results.

I agree, pls tel the pilots of the warhawks to fly sloooower, closer, not with the sun in there back, and SMILE when i take a picture ;), ohhh, forgot... i need a FOG (natural fog ánd colored  fog from stunting planes)  remover 

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Marco Nero.
www.pbase.com/nero_design

SpeedyGonzalys's gear list:SpeedyGonzalys's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon EOS-1D C Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
:)New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow