Canon 10mm vs 18mm for landscapes

Started May 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
TTMartin
Senior MemberPosts: 5,739Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon 10mm vs 18mm for landscapes
In reply to jrkliny, May 21, 2013

jrkliny wrote:

I believe I was the one who used the term perspective.  To me it seems clear that different focal length lenses can alter the perspective in an image.  It, therefore, seemed clear that plugin was wrong.  Intuitively I just knew plugin was wrong.  Unfortunately I am the one who was wrong and my intuitive understanding of the issue was wrong.  A little online research clearly shows that perspective does not vary with the focal length of the lens but the variation is due to the position of the camera in relation to the objects.

Certainly wide and ultrawide lenses are powerful tools, but they do not alter true perspective.

I didn't have a lot of problem with your original post. With a wide angle or ultrawide lenses, you do have to be aware of your subject distance and its affect on perspective.

But, I was impressed to see this post. It takes a big man to admit that you were wrong.

I'm not sure why you are always so angry at Canon. I've been to your site and you have taken wonderful photographs with your Canon gear.

Keep taking beautiful images and be happy.

TTMartin's gear list:TTMartin's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon PowerShot SD1000 Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 7D +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow