Ronnie Potgieter
Contributing MemberPosts: 844
Like?
Re: Canon XA10 v G20
In reply to lancespring, May 21, 2013

lancespring wrote:

Ronnie Potgieter wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/ronniedp

Just had a look. I see Ultra supports 50/60p. I have also read there is a difference between NTSC and PAL formats. I see the Vixia G20 is known as Legria G25 here, so maybe different formats will apply. Our local ad does not mention whether the g25 supports 60P.

The Legria G25 would support 1080/25p and 1080/pf30, but it would not support 1080/50p, which is only available on the new Canon camcorders that are coming soon.

NOTE:  pf30 is not a native progressive scan, though,  It is what is called  Progressive segmented frame (PsF), and records progressive video within an interlace stream.   So your only true native progressive option with the Legria G25 would be 1080/25p

While 1080/50p is considered to be much better for sports and other fast action, you are correct that you would also most likely have to update your video editing software in order to support it.  As well as waiting for one of the new Canon models.

Thanks for the help.

Ronnie.

-- hide signature --
selected answer This post was selected as the answer by the original poster.
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow