Started May 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Chris DeVeau
Contributing MemberPosts: 618
Like?
Advice about new PC needed, please!
May 21, 2013

I presently have a 5 year old Dell XPS PC which had Vista then upgraded to Win7, 32 bit and of course all the old hardware.  I have had lot of problems with it even though I maintain it well.  Recently I got a Canon 5d and it has become obvious that my old Dell is suffering greatly with all my photo editing even with the basic DPP program.  My last batch processing of about 900 photos lasted 8 hours.

I plan on replacing my PC and took a look at what Dell has to offer but the only ones I could see which seem to be good for photo editing and gaming (new games) are the Dell Alienware Aurora but the are so absurdly big with too many lights for my taste.

I'm in Switzerland so my choices seem to be more limited, and more expensive than in the US, but this is what I found (and put together) from a shop over here that would assemble it.

Since looking at PCs I have also come under the impression that the new Win 8 is somewhat of a disaster so I would go with Win 7.

I would appreciate any advice concerning the components I should have.  This is what I came up with - please be honest because I'm really not very computer savy:

PC worksheet

-- hide signature --

Chris

Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow