It's time to shop...which lens SEL24f18, SEL35f18 or Touit 32f18?

Started May 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Faketastic
Regular MemberPosts: 137
Like?
Re: It's time to shop...which lens SEL24f18, SEL35f18 or Touit 32f18?
In reply to Pjjava34, May 21, 2013

Pjjava34 wrote:

With all the zoom lovers and haters duking it out, I still can't get anyone to tell me their experience with the 35mm and OSS. Does it help with video, is it noticeable?
I plan on shooting 20-30 second clips as I film birthday parties for kids and edit pics/movie clips with music.

Would I benefit more from the Touit IQ w/o OSS (given I have 3 less mm of FL or would short clips with 35mm OSS be far more usable?
I wouldn't be using a tripod on these shorter clips, but do have a Zacuto Z finder braced against my face which with my Sel50 gives very stable short clips.
I'm wondering how much is OSS helping me as I've never used a non stabilized lens or camera.

Thanks

OSS makes a huge difference in video and difference in lens sharpness isn't that noticeable.

I find the 16-50 OSS very nice for this. Then I swap for the 24/1.8 for some nice group shots and finally the 50/1.8 for some close portraits. On a budget, the 16-50, the Sigma 19/2.8 and the 50/1.8 would make sense. All three should be less than the 24/1.8.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow