Wife Dropped My 2 Week Old RX100 :(

Started May 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
MikeWarner
Forum MemberPosts: 64Gear list
Like?
Re: Wife Dropped My 2 Week Old RX100 :(
In reply to Digitall, May 21, 2013

I'm the sort of person who buys and iPhone and after 2 years sells it on and can describe it is "looks new", so any scratch on my RX100 is going to really upset me.  Even though I have accidental damage cover on it.  The cover does not cover cosmetic damage though - but in this case the funtion is impared, so hopefully all scratched parts will be replaced making it look new again.

Having a better grip on it wouldn't have helped in this case, but in future I think I'll make sure my wife doesn't get her hands on it ever again.  To think she suggested selling our 3 year old "looks new" HX5V, saying we don't need two cameras.  I think she just proved that we do!!!!  She previously lost a Panasonic DMC-FX150 of mine leaving it in a planetarium.  That was a really decent camera at the time too.

Keeping the camera as is and not using the front ring isn't an option for me - I just couldn't live with an imparied product.

MikeWarner's gear list:MikeWarner's gear list
Sony RX100 Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Apple iPhone 5 Apple iPad WiFi
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow