Nikon D800 has reinvigorated my passion for photography (random shots)

Started May 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Chad Gladstone
Senior MemberPosts: 2,608Gear list
Like?
Nikon D800 has reinvigorated my passion for photography (random shots)
May 21, 2013

Yes, I had to upgrade everything, new computer, new CF/ SD card and refreshed my lenses to maximize the resolution, but this small investment has made photography a joy again instead of work to try and extract every bit of information from previous DSLR's.  I no longer have any desire to upgrade (whereas before, every generation promised to make possible what the D800 does effortlessly.  I do not even post process anymore, I just shot, convert from Raw, and resize for web or print massive 24X36 prints (and I running out of wall space).

I now feel compelled to shoot something almost every day because I want to capture every image and am loving the fact that I no longer have to be so engrossed with getting every setting right.  The files are so forgiving, having both highlight and shadow latitude, that it is now a pleasure to just shoot, not a chore to rescue my shots that, although metered correctly, lacked the DR for the exposure I was attempting to achieve.  My shots may not appear demonstrably better than before, but then again, few here were subjected to my feeble attempts and my kids lives are richer for the opportunity to be documented.

-- hide signature --

Chad Gladstone

Chad Gladstone's gear list:Chad Gladstone's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +7 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow