RX100 concerns...

Started May 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
dood77
Forum MemberPosts: 94
Like?
Re: For low light ...
In reply to DJF77, May 21, 2013

DJF77 wrote:

If low light is your priority,  why not pick up a used Fuji X100? You'll get one for the same price (if not lower than an RX100), what you'll also get is a much bigger APSC sensor with amazing lowlight ability and a reasonably fast F2, pin sharp lens. You will lose the zoom and will have to suffice with a fixed 35mm eq focal length.... just a thought.

Absolutely fanastic suggestion, great camera, exactly the kind of images I'm looking for.  A few concerns with *this* one though, that I wouldn't have specified above:

1.  I have to be able to hand the camera to my wife and it has to function to let her take a picture or two.

2.  Really looking for pocketable and this is stretching the limits.  Such a great cam though maybe I could make an exception.

3.  I know he gets flamed on here alot, but Ken Rockwell says the Fuji X100 is *not* for beginners.  And gives some details as to why.  I am definitely a beginner and am beginning to wonder if even the RX100 is too much (see DPanno's post).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow