RX100 concerns...

Started May 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
dood77 OP Forum Member • Posts: 94
Re: For low light ...

DJF77 wrote:

If low light is your priority,  why not pick up a used Fuji X100? You'll get one for the same price (if not lower than an RX100), what you'll also get is a much bigger APSC sensor with amazing lowlight ability and a reasonably fast F2, pin sharp lens. You will lose the zoom and will have to suffice with a fixed 35mm eq focal length.... just a thought.

Absolutely fanastic suggestion, great camera, exactly the kind of images I'm looking for.  A few concerns with *this* one though, that I wouldn't have specified above:

1.  I have to be able to hand the camera to my wife and it has to function to let her take a picture or two.

2.  Really looking for pocketable and this is stretching the limits.  Such a great cam though maybe I could make an exception.

3.  I know he gets flamed on here alot, but Ken Rockwell says the Fuji X100 is *not* for beginners.  And gives some details as to why.  I am definitely a beginner and am beginning to wonder if even the RX100 is too much (see DPanno's post).

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Marti58 MOD
Marti58 MOD
Marti58 MOD
Marti58 MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow