LX7 external EVF

Started May 18, 2013 | Questions thread
elemenoP
Regular MemberPosts: 228
Like?
why I like the screen
In reply to tjwaggoner, May 21, 2013

I shot with a DSLR for many years (and still do). When I'm using it, I'm PHOTOGRAPHING, I'm not taking part in whatever I'm taking pictures of. I am physically blocking myself off from the scene that I'm photographing, by putting a big camera in front of my face. With my LX7, I feel that I can much more casually pull it out and shoot some pictures, and still be part of what's going on around me. I used it when I chaperoned my daughter's class field trip, where my #1 job was being aware of the surroundings and keeping the kids safe. I didn't feel that taking pictures with the LX7 was interfering with that job. I would have felt that way with the DSLR. This has been an unexpected benefit of the compact camera (and LCD screen) for me. I also feel more freedom to hold it at weird angles and try weird shots, but I understand that's just me. My DSLR does have live view, I just never, ever use it. I can't do it, that camera just goes to my eye. It's a muscle memory.

Now the weather is warming up and I will be taking a trip to California soon. We'll see how I feel about no viewfinder when I'm on the beach! Maybe I'll be hating it then!!

eP

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
carizi MOD
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow