Started May 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
jonrobertp
Forum ProPosts: 10,828Gear list
Like?
Re: :)
In reply to Augustin Man, May 21, 2013

Augustin Man wrote:

jonrobertp wrote:

I'd be willing to bet that many raw only ppl would be very surprised how many images have been sold that were shot in jpg.  lol...'cause I know about that too.  And a photog with a large studio I know ...shoots in jpg...yep.   (that sound you now hear is raw only guys falling off their chairs.    )

It's not that ppl can't do as they wish, it's the projected /pretended superiority of the minds of some ppl that are annoying.  Oh well, as I said before, it also happens in just about every other area of life.  ....nothing new under the sun.

You're dead right! It's just as simple as that: when I'll have the skill and time to pp shots BETTER than the camera processor, then I'll do RAW. Otherwise I'm striving to learn how to shoot correctly (meaning settings, composition, POV, DOF, etc...).

I also know someone who states "I only shoot RAW" holiday images with friends, without any photographic value, but they are RAW   ! I call this the "non-professional complex", i.e. amateurs that like to think about themselves as professionals by superficially imitating professional actions.

All the best,

Augustin

Exactly !!

jonrobertp's gear list:jonrobertp's gear list
Sony RX100 G1 X II Canon EOS 70D
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
:)New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow