RX100 concerns...

Started May 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Edmund Dorf
Senior MemberPosts: 1,200Gear list
Like?
I Do Not Recommend Downsizing Your Pictures
In reply to DFPanno, May 21, 2013

My goal is to produce the best quality photos I can. I do not worry about space used by the files. As someone said a few posts above, hard drives are cheap these days. I just ordered a 4 TB drive from Newegg for $150.00. I can put a lot of pictures and a lot of videos on that drive.

I was looking at photos recently that I took at my high school reunion in 2000. I believe they were 2 megapixels and that was state of the art back then. I sure am glad that at least I have the original 2 megapixel photos and did not try to save space by downsizing them.

Whatever camera you end up with, I suggest striving for the best quality photos and videos that it can produce and not to try to save space on your hard drive by downsizing them.

Let us know what you decide.

-- hide signature --

Currently shooting:
Fujifilm E550
Fujifilm HS25exr
Olympus PEN E-PL1 with Kit zoom lens, Olympus M.Zuiko
17mm F2.8, Olympus M.Zuiko 40-150mm, Olympus 45mm F1.8, Canon FD 50mm F1.4, Olympus Zuiko 50mm F1.8, Pentax 135mm F2.5, Panasonic 20mm F1.7, Panasonic 14mm F2.5.
Panasonic DMC-GH2 with the kit lens, Panasonic 45-200, Panasonic 14-140mm, and all of the lenses that I have for my Olympus PEN E-PL1
Panasonic HC-V700 camcorder
Sony DSC-RX100
Sony DSC-TX7

Edmund Dorf's gear list:Edmund Dorf's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix E550 Zoom Sony RX100 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Fujifilm FinePix F900EXR Canon EOS 60D +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow