*** this week through your m43 - 2013.05.20 ***

Started May 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
Chez Wimpy
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,775Gear list
Like?
May @ 3:30am
In reply to Dreeke, May 21, 2013

I am not a morning person, but my location is really wasted if I don't get up for the sunrise.  To make matters worse, our JST time-zone is "off" while Russia (visible right across the straight) is two hours ahead this time of the year.  I have lived on this coast for three years, and am just now working up the strength to do this daily, but in another month, it will require getting up before 3.

Sun is so far to the north now, I have to use the 7-14 at 7mm to get both mountain and sun in the shot (GH2)

Almost 90degrees from the sun, a PL filter during the sunrise helps (OMD + 14-45).

Low tide (OMD+14-45)

@45mm I have to hand it to the tilt screens + CDAF making it easy to frame reflective shots from knee level.  On DSLR rigs this means precious minutes working with a tripod and MF.  The m43 approach gets me most of the way there in seconds.

OMD+14-45, and yes, springtime (of sorts) has finally begun

-- hide signature --

-CW

Chez Wimpy's gear list:Chez Wimpy's gear list
Sigma DP1 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 20D Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Canon EOS 550D +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NiceNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow