If you owned a 7D and then a 5D Mark III...

Started May 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
eorlingas
Contributing MemberPosts: 612Gear list
Like?
Re: If you owned a 7D and then a 5D Mark III...
In reply to Wei Kelun, May 21, 2013

Recently upgraded from 7D to 5DIII and I've never looked back.  Sure the extra reach of the 7D was nice to have, but then I never shot that many wildlife to begin with.  Same goes for the slightly faster burst mode, which I do miss from time to time, but what I've gained from the 5D more than compensates.

If I had to describe the feeling of using 5DIII over 7D, I'd say it was liberating.  The FF really lets you concentrate on your photography without having to worry about noise and ISO.  Maybe this has more to do with me being not really a "pro", but for me it was exactly what I needed to further my photography skills.

I would say the biggest difference that you'd notice right off the bat would be iso performance, DOF, and dynamic range (probably the least noticeable of the three, since the 7D was pretty good in its own right).

eorlingas's gear list:eorlingas's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow