I Will Not Shot in RAW

Started May 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
brianj
Forum ProPosts: 13,266Gear list
Like?
Re: Pushed jpg PP
In reply to kelpdiver, May 20, 2013

kelpdiver wrote:

Brian, what is saved by accepting any of these limitations?

I shoot raw+jpeg most of the time.  I have the digic5 processed jpeg available immediately, and then the raw image if I want to polish an excellent image, or recover a flawed (but subject wise excellent) shot.  The only price I pay is a hit to double digit burst shooting, and needing to carry bigger CF cards.   (They're cheap)

I still have a small percentage of jpg only shots (nature of camera, or changed modes, or most common: got from someone else) and it's a bit aggravating how many LR/CS functions get greyed out because there's no data to work with.  It's as bad as getting a second generation copy of a print.

I guess I am not a fanatic, you should stick to what you enjoy, but I am only a hobbyist and after the fun of taking a photo and mucking around with it, I will probably put it into storage with the 10s or thousands of other ones that will never be seen again.

By the way, nothing is grayed out when adjusting a jpg in PSP9, I am beginning to understand why some people think you cannot adequately adjust a jpg, I didn't know that some software prevents you from doing so by graying things out.

You learn something every day.

Brian

brianj's gear list:brianj's gear list
Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
:)New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow