I Will Not Shot in RAW

Started May 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
DEEWUN
Contributing MemberPosts: 504
Like?
Re: I Will Not Shot in RAW
In reply to oregonyankee, May 20, 2013

I shoot JPG and RAW and examine the JPG's in IrfanView. If they fit what I want, I keep them and use them for whatever purpose they were intended. If I see an image that could be improved in RAW processing I will discard the JPG and use the RAW. That way I get the best of both worlds. It doesn't take up a lot of time to sort them and the post processing can be done at leisure.

Having come from black and white photography sixty years ago I am used to using a negative and different grades of paper, burning and dodging, water-bath developing, etc., to achieve as close as possible to what my eye saw and my mind conceived. There was a certain magic in sliding a piece of blank paper into a liquid and seeing your conceptual image appear before your eyes. Instead of a Darkroom, I now have a light-room and get the same satisfaction from shooting, without the chemicals and hours bent over the enlarger and trays. Been There, Done That, Got the Tee Shirt.

Persevere with RAW and suddenly you'll find an image that you thought was lost turn into a keeper.

When illustrating the point to a friend I took my little point and shoot, stuck it out of the door and fired a shot. I then processed the image in RAW and showed him what can be done. Here they are:

Give it a real go :O)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
:)New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow