Started May 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Oswald61
Regular MemberPosts: 288
Like?
Re: I Will Not Shot in RAW
In reply to toomanycanons, May 20, 2013

toomanycanons wrote:

ata3001 wrote:

Just in reading these responses, there are a vast number of people who just don't have a clue & I'm not about to argue with them. If you're happy with your images, that's fine with me. I happen to shoot EVERYTHING as raw & that should be fine with you. See, we're both happy now...

Another "I only shoot raw" photog.  Who of course believes that those who shoot in jpegs "just don't have a clue".  I bet you have a tee shirt with "I only shoot raw" on it so everyone will know that, well, you only shoot in raw.

I have a Canon 1d and shoot Jpeg and Raw with it. Depending on what I want to see, I can use either jpeg or raw. It just depends on various factors, but there is no hard rule that I follow as others seem to here.

Also, I have a  G1x and have been shooting Jpegs mainly, and have been very pleased with the results. I may start to shoot raw with it, but I have to agree with Marco Nero and others that the Jpegs fom this camera are very nicely processed in camera. The jpegs also handle PP with no problems at all.

Another camera I have is an Sx30is with CHDK on one of my SD cards.I find that shooting raw with this camera is of little use due to the sensor size. CHDK is useful for the otherfunctionality it affords.

I would never call anyone clueless just because they don't shoot raw...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
:)New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow