Started May 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John Deerfield
Senior MemberPosts: 2,082
Like?
A shout out to Aperture
May 20, 2013

I have been somewhat critical of Apple's lack of professional support here of late, but even as it stands, I still prefer Aperture over Lightroom. I have a client that wants a wedding slideshow done and they created a PowerPoint presentation showing me the order that they would like the images (they thought this would be a time saver). Anyway, I can export the individual slides out of PP as images so that I have the order. Then I have a folder of the "original" images. I bring both into Aperture, same project, different albums. Now I can open both albums side-by-side: the PP ordered slides and the originals so that I can rearrange the original images in the same sequence as the PP slides, rename and export to use in the slideshow software. Can't view two collections side-by-side in Lightroom. Bridge would allow for essentially two different windows to be open, but not side-by-side. So while I have been critical of Apple (and with good reason) I have to say that Aperture is still more productive for me!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow