Is it OK to "steal" pictures for school reports, etc?

Started May 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
OpticsEngineer
Senior MemberPosts: 2,868Gear list
Like?
Re: Is it OK to "steal" pictures for school reports, etc?
In reply to tkbslc, May 20, 2013

My kids are in 2nd and 4th grades.   At school they download articles and pictures off the internet to write reports.  The instructions for their homework make it clear that sometimes they are expected to do the same at home.   The teachers say it is essential to be teach these skills so they can grow up to be effective workers.

My state is somewhat poor.  Recently the cable companies have started programs to provide free computers and no or very low cost cable access so children can do their homework.  My sister-in-law is a high school teacher and tells me it is simply impossible for high schoolers to do their homework without computers and internet access.  It is completely ingrained in the system now.   So it is not like any teacher would be tricked by someone using the internet.  In high school, my sister-in-law tells me citing the sources is required.   In grade school, not nearly as much.

OpticsEngineer's gear list:OpticsEngineer's gear list
Fujifilm XF1 Olympus XZ-2 iHS Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony SLT-A65 +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow