Started May 20, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
HappyPooPants
Forum MemberPosts: 50Gear list
Like?
Getting into DSLR photography, few n00b questions
May 20, 2013

To anyone with some experience please help answer a few simple questions and I will be forever grateful  and you will hopefully stop me from buying stuff I don't need.

My biggest issue is either going for DX (nikon d7100) or FX (nikon d600).
There is a $500 difference, though since I'm considering this as a long-term hobby, is it worth going FX now, or the DX 7100 should be good enough.
The 2nd issue, if I go with the DX, should I get FX lenses, as I've read lots of talk about DX cameras being made redundant once FX cams get a little cheaper. I don't want to spend $1,500 on lenses and then have them sit in the cupboard in 3 years time because I want to upgrade my Camera, but there are no decent DX cameras at that time.

The 3rd issue (well not really an issue) is with the lenses, trying to work out the best team.

The majority of the time, I'll be taking pics of family/friends at get togethers. But I will also be taking heaps of photos of my kids while they're still young and I can make them wear embarrassing clothes

At this point in time here are my main choices;

Choice 1:

Nikon DX 7100

-Nikon Nikkor AF-S 50mm f/1.4 G

-Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II ($700)

or

-Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR

Choice 2:

Nikon D600

-Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR

Any help would be much appreciated!!!!
Much love.

HappyPooPants

HappyPooPants's gear list:HappyPooPants's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D600 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow