Started Mar 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tim A2
Senior MemberPosts: 1,099
Like?
Re: What should be done with cheats ? Part 5 :-(
In reply to santamonica812, May 20, 2013

santamonica812 wrote:

Tim A2 wrote:

You questioned this person's entry in the lensbaby challenge also. Did you report these to Simon as suspicious activity?  Yeah I know, but still.

Tim

I know that DP has taken a lot of flak (most well-deserved) for not responding to many of our queries in a timely fashion...or ever, for that matter.

Having said that, I think DP (or, at least, Simon) takes accusations of particularized & specified  cheating quite seriously.  As a host, this past week, I had my first situation where I suspected cheaters entering my challenge.  I wrote to Simon, and heard back from him within a few hours, and he had already investigated and taken action.  I later wrote with a follow-up question, and he again wrote me back very quickly.

Of course, YMMV. 

Santamonica, thank you very much for the feedback. That is good news, indeed. Good for Simon. I was starting to wonder if anyone was going to take him up on his recent offer to deal with suspected cheaters. Hopefully, your  positive result will encourage others to report suspicious voting and other behaviors to him and they will also report back here with their results and keep the ball rolling. Simon has more investigative tools available to him amd he is the appropriate one to decide a suspect's fate.

Tim

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow