Sony RX1 Questions about to buy one...Some advice please :)

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
malabito
Contributing MemberPosts: 996Gear list
Like?
Sony RX1 Questions about to buy one...Some advice please :)
11 months ago

Hi will really appreciate hearing your advice on the following issues:

I am contemplating on buying a sony rx1. Been debating between a fuji xe1, fuji x100s or the sony.

I will be using the camera mostly to shoot on the streets and for photography trips.

I am mostly into portraits and and what you might call urban landscaped. So no need for super fast action focusing on the camera.

What worries me the most is if the focusing is actually that bad as they are saying, and the point about focusing restarting to default when camera sleeps, (for using manual focusing). Any comments on this situations?

Also I am concerned about the viewfinder, i will definitely be getting one, can not shoot without one. And it will be the evf, sadly it seems not to be available, so was thinking of maybe getting a voigltander meanwhile, any experience with the OVF, how is the framing, parallel error going on, (I shot rangefinders before so i am aware of the limitation) and how do you manage to move around the camera without knowing what values are set.

I know the fuji is a lot cheaper. But right now i have a olympus omd, lovely camera, but the image on D800 is miles ahead, so keep taking out the d800 instead of the olympus. And security is a maine concern on the places i usually shoot, so carrying a flashy DSLR is really a huge stress.

Thanks very much for your help!

Some examples of my type of photography:

Thanks for the comments!

malabito's gear list:malabito's gear list
Sony RX1 Nikon D800 Nikon Df Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D +5 more
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D800 Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow