Is the 24-70mm 2.8 a good all-around travel lens?

Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
UncleSanguine
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Is the 24-70mm 2.8 a good all-around travel lens?
11 months ago

Hi everyone, first time posting here. Been lurking for a long time.

I'm going to be picking up a D800 body soon, and I am going to be travelling with it alot. Not doing anything professional with it.

I'm hoping I can keep my camera bag light. I'm bringing my 70-200 2.8, and my 50mm 1.8g. I'd like to get another zoom lens, to cover a more useful range than the 70-200.

I had a 24-120 f/4 that I sold with my D700. It was a decent zoom range, but I found myself too often shooting by hand, in poor light. Using my 50mm 1.8 was usually my solution, but i'd like a good zoom lens that would work all around.

Has anyone used the 24-70 2.8 as an do-all lens while travelling? Did you find yourself wanting a little extra reach most of the time?

My big concern is that I won't end up liking the quality in that f/2.8-4 range, and I will regret spending the extra money. Or I might get tired of swapping my 70-200 everytime I want a little extra reach.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D700 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow