I Will Not Shot in RAW

Started May 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
oregonyankee
Regular MemberPosts: 105Gear list
Like?
Re: I Will Not Shot in RAW
In reply to Hossam Saad ElDin Abd Alhalim Farg, May 20, 2013

To make another food analogy: When my wife cooks she tends to use a lot of 'pre-made' ingredients. For example, when making an Italian dish, she'll use canned sauce, dried pre-made noodles, etc. I, on the other hand, prefer to make the sauce and noodles from scratch (as well as most of other key components of the dish). So whose results are better? At the end of a long, hard day, I can honestly say I like both. (And pragmatically, were I to take a 'purist' attitude, it would mean I'd go hungry several nights a week.)

The point I'm trying (poorly?) to make is that both JPGs and RAW files serve a purpose. I know photographers who use only JPGs because they don't enjoy manipulating RAW files. If only RAW were available, many of these photographers would have given up the hobby...and that I'd find sad as I've seen many amazing photos they have produced. In short, do what it takes to keep the art form fun for you.

Why can't we have both JPG and RAW? To insist on one or the other would invariably drive a large segment of photographic community to other interests. That would mean less cameras (and accessories)  being sold, fewer camera companies, less R&D, fewer innovations, and fewer participants on boards such as this. And that is something I have no desire to see visualized in either a JPG or RAW photo.

oregonyankee's gear list:oregonyankee's gear list
Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma 120-300mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 1.4x EX DG Tele Converter Sigma 30mm F1.4 DC HSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
:)New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow