ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MiraShootsNikon
Contributing MemberPosts: 548
Like?
Design for Retina Displays
May 20, 2013

Hello, friends.

I *love* the new Mac Retina displays for editing and for displaying my portfolio (e.g. on a retina iPad), but they're giving me fits when it comes to publishing my work on the web.  Consider:

(a) if I publish images in "standard" DPI sizes, they of course look up-scaled and slightly blurred when viewed on a Retina iPad or MacBook.

(b) if I publish images in "retina" DPI sizes in a "responsive" website or service, then my photographs get resampled and scaled down--i.e., slightly blurred--when viewed on a monitor or device with normal DPI.   (Also, if I publish in "retina" sizes, the images are *huge* and take more bandwidth to load.  Don't want to loose viewers in the loading time.)

So what's a tog to do?   What do you folks do?  Do you design / output for retina?  How do you handle these choices--it seems like neither is good.

From what I can tell, it seems as though very few togs out there are publishing "retina" grade material.  What've you all seen?

mira

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow