Started May 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Trebin
New MemberPosts: 15
Like?
New T3i - New Photographer
May 20, 2013

It has taken many months of reading and reviewing to come to a decision but I have finally purchased a camera. It was a hard decision and I stalked the forums a lot but today I placed an order. I have 0 experience with photography but have always been interested in it. I enjoy tech things and work in information security so small details etc do not bother me. After months of researching and looking at the t3i, t4i, d3100, d3200, d5100 and d5200 I bought a refurbished t3i. the price was amazing and after all the reviews it fit my budget and was actually cheaper than I expected. I really wanted a d5200 but just didn’t have the cash. The t4i was 200 bucks more but the differences for me just didn’t make it worth it at this point in time.

So here are my questions, now that I am a noob photographer what books should I read, websites, forums etc. Also, what is a good affordable lens to have? I bought the kit w/ the 18-55mm lense with it. My plan is to take stills of the kids, at the zoo, strongman and powerlifting events (indoors and outdoors).

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow