Favorite walk-about lens

Started May 20, 2013 | Questions thread
Art_P
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,082Gear list
Like?
I no longer have a favorite...
In reply to bjarne, May 20, 2013

The 12-60 was on my E-520 most of the time... Even though it was starting to feel too big, it was my lens of choice, w the 70-300 as my 'birds and bugs' lens, and the 40-150 got some use around town.

But w all of the above gone I moved to an OM-D

No one lens has replaced the 12-60 so I find myself using different lenses for different applications.

12-50 is fine every day lens, but not as sharp or bright as the 12-60.  It does get a little closer though.

45/1.8 is sharp and bright, I use that for handheld night shooting or the odd time I want to play w shallow DoF.

14/2.5 sometimes seems just a bit wide... or not wide enough, and it's not bright enough for night time, but it's sharp and tiny.

100-300 doesn't have the range or macro ability of the 70-300 (but just added extension tubes)

40-150 (plus close-up lens) has become my macro of choice, but I'll see if that lasts now that the 100-300 has been extended/macrofied)

9-18mm  I find I'm using this more than the 4/3 version... maybe because it's more pocketable and easier to take along as a second (or 3rd) lens.

-- hide signature --

Art P
"I am a creature of contrast,
of light and shadow.
I live where the two play together,
I thrive on the conflict"

Art_P's gear list:Art_P's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow