Started May 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John.Laninga
Senior MemberPosts: 1,797Gear list
Like?
From X100 to RX1?
May 20, 2013

I've gone from zoom lenses to the fixed lens of the Fuji X100, and although I still have my GH3 with good lenses, the X100 seems to get all the play.  The fixed lens is more of a challenge than an hindrance, and I enjoy having to think about composition rather than just twisting the lens.

And, the X100 takes great pictures, even in JPEG mode.  Since I like the X100 as much as I do, would getting a RX1 be that much more fun?  Would I get a significant increase in user pleasure, as well as better images?  Or is the step from APS-C to FF just incremental (and therefore not worth the +/- $2,000)?

BTW, most of my images are travel, landscape, and general photography.  I usually shoot JPEG but will switch to RAW if the conditions warrant.  That has worked well for me so far....

John.Laninga's gear list:John.Laninga's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Fujifilm XF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 +5 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow