LX7 external EVF

Started May 18, 2013 | Questions thread
NIK11
Senior MemberPosts: 2,736
Like?
Re: LX7 external EVF
In reply to tjwaggoner, May 20, 2013

tjwaggoner wrote:

I wasnt trying to single anyone out about it nor accuse anyone of anything.  Only pointing out the fact that some folks tend to over-state the awkwardness of using the LCD to shoot.  Sure its not ideal in some cases but when someone makes the statement along the lines of having to shoot "at arms length" I feel is a gratuitous exageration.  As for myself, I never see anyone holding a camera with their arms straight out trying to take a picture.

Thats all I was pointing out. Ken Rockwell is the worlds worst about perpetuating this exageration.  There is a middle ground, its not either the camera is pressed against your face OR its at arms length away from your face.

I suspect you may not realise that folk sometimes hold a camera at arms length because they are short sighted and maybe don't have their glasses with them. The average person's near sightedness deteriorates after age of 50 by approximate metric conversion. So the nearest many aged 60 can comfortably focus is approx 60cm(24").

Yes I know, we who need reading glasses should wear them when shooting, but as everyone knows who has tried it, it's very annoying taking out and putting away glasses in between each shot. This particular problem rarely occured with the old style OVF's (or newer EVF's) which is often one reason why the 50+ users have reservations about LCD's. It's not gratuitous, the 'arms-length' may be necessary in some cases to keep the screen in focus.

Nick

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
carizi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow