Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cptrios
Senior MemberPosts: 1,347
Like?
An RX1 dilemma and a question...
11 months ago

So I just received an RX1 as a birthday present (it was a milestone birthday) - and I'm strongly considering sending it back, largely because the people who gave it to me, while financially stable, definitely can't afford to be throwing around $2800. Having them return it and replace it with an X100s would make me just as happy (my X100 is my favorite camera ever), but would certainly create some mixed feelings for them. I'm basically looking to be convinced to keep the thing against what is probably a 65-35 ratio of negative to positive thoughts.

I have one question, though: is it seriously not possible to assign functions directly to the control wheels? I shoot almost exclusively in Av mode, and having the aperture ring is fantastic - but I'm sitting here with this amazing piece of photographic engineering, and there are two lovely control wheels just sitting there doing absolutely nothing. I've scoured the menus and done some googlin', but I can't find an answer.

Am I being dumb? Is the ability to assign ISO speed to one of the wheels just staring me in the face, and I'm simply not noticing it?

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100S Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow