Is it OK to "steal" pictures for school reports, etc?

Started May 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
jtan163
Contributing MemberPosts: 939Gear list
Like?
Re: Is it OK to "steal" pictures for school reports, etc?
In reply to ZorSy, May 20, 2013

ZorSy wrote:

looper1234 wrote:

tell the kids to get picture from a trusted source, like wiki.

explain the what is meant by "Attribution" make that part of the project, giving credit for your sources is good practice.

If not, think about it as a kerbside: take a $10 note and write your name and phone number  on it, leave it laying there. Then wait for call to come....Technically, it's your money. But to claim it back, you'd have to explain why did you leave it on the kerbside on the first place (instead of your valet). Where I live, we don't write our names on the notes....

Where I live there is an offence larceny by finding.

You find money or any other property the correct thing is to hand it into the police.

After some period of time if it is unclaimed you can claim it.

If you don't do that, you are techncially committing an offence, though I don't think it is one that is often prosecuted.

I think it is mainly used when the police suspect someone stole something, but the person claims they found it.

jtan163's gear list:jtan163's gear list
Olympus C-740 UZ Nikon D7000 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow