ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sniglet
New MemberPosts: 1Gear list
Like?
Hahnel remote timer choice?
11 months ago

Hi all,

I'm very much a photography beginner, looking to get into a bit of wildlife photography. I have a bird feeder which gets regular traffic so I'd like to try and snap a few remotely (the feeder is viewable from my home office). I'd also like to do some timelapse photography.

I've been looking my hardware options for this and the one that looked right was the Hahnel Giga T Pro II Wireless Timer Remote. However, on an Amazon UK review it was mentioned that the automatic 60 second shutdown on the Giga T remote creates a problem as obviously: Bird flies in --> Remote is OFF --> Stressed photographer.

My question to anyone who has used this particular remote timer is: How quickly does the remote switch on and get to the stage where you can activate the shutter? Or if I need something very reactive, would it be better to get the Combi TF Remote Control & Flash Trigger, for which I can't find any mention of an automatic shutoff for the remote.

Thanks in advance for any advice. If anyone has any other recommendations, feel free to let me know!

Nick

sniglet's gear list:sniglet's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III USM
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow